Q "Is Islam peaceful?"
1. Anyone who strongly disagrees with the points below and has powerful evidence to refute them with will of course do so.
has progressed a lot in knowledge and technology, yet it is woefully
behind in shedding its baggage of prejudices and herd mentality. Popular belief especially when fuelled by prejudice against the "them" spreads like wildfire and is as hard, if not more so to put out. If compared to a bandwagon, it's one that everyone wants to jump onto because if one doesn't jump on then one is in danger of being regarded as one of "them" or a sympathiser of "them". Sad that, very sad.
3. Islam is a tool, a practical, tried and tested and found to be very useful tool. Like a knife, it too, by itself, cannot benefit or harm anybody. It is, by itself, neither peaceful nor violent.
4. Just as a knife is used by the vast majority of its users to benefit the user and others, so is Islam used by the vast majority of its users to benefit the user and others.
5. Also, just as a knife is used by a very few of its users to do serious harm to others, so is Islam used by a very few of its users or followers to do serious harm to others.
6. Therefore, just as it is dumb to blame a knife for the violence committed by a few of its users, it is similarly dumb to blame Islam for the violence committed by a few of its users or followers.