Muslims are required to pray 5 times a day, everyday. The five major and mandatory prayers are:
1. Fajr or Morning prayers
2. Zuhr or Midday prayers
3. Asr or Afternoon prayers
4. Maghrib or evening prayer
5. Isha or night prayers
Muslims are required to offer these prayers and fulfill all the conditions which include:
1. The prayers should be offered on their specified time, not before it or after it.
2. Cleanliness of body, dress and sole is mandatory
3. Muslims are required to face the Kaaba while offering the prayers. However if the direction of the Ka'aba is not known, then they can pray in any direction.
4. Muslim men are required to preferable pray in a mosque
Salah or prayers have several positive impacts on the life of a muslim. These impacts include:
1. Time Management: Salah helps in instilling and developing good time management skills in the muslims. As they have to offer the prayers on their specified times, they have to schedule the rest of their day to day activities according ly.
2. Early to bed, Early to Rise: Since the Fajr or Morning prayers are required to be said at the break of dawn, Muslims have to get up early. For which, they make sure they sleep early. It ensures a healthy habit of early to bed, early to rise.
3. It ensures that a Muslim stays clean at all times.
4. Salah also brings unity among the muslims as they have to face the ka'aba while saying the prayers
5. Socializing: it helps the Muslims in connecting with each other, as they get together five times a day in the mosque.
Prayer is the second pillar of Islam and is compulsory on every adult man and woman. It is obedience in practice a symbol of one's faith in Allah and His Message. Believers when they are given power on this world become God Fearing and observe regular prayers;
"Those who if we Establish them in this world, Observe regular Prayer."
All the Messengers before Holy Prophet SAW were commanded to establish the institution of Prayer, Adam and his descendents were commanded to establish Prayer. Believers, who break up the institution of Prayer, lose spirituality and goodness. The loss of Prayer is the beginning of their end. In fact, establishing the institution of Prayer has been the chief factor in organizing and arranging the scattered the broken parts of Israelis and other old nations in the world.
Prayer is the first and the foremost link between a believer and Allah. It keeps alive his close relationship between him and Allah day and night. It keeps him close to the centre of Godliness and does not break up this active link. AS soon as this link is broken, man goes further away from goodness and piety until the relationship between man and God is completely broken.